Monday, September 8, 2008

THEY'RE HOME!

Celeste took this brilliant photo of Max
looking at his mobile while still at OHSU

Hello all. Ah, it feels so good to report my nephews are home... and on their first month birthday, too! They came home from the hospital (what day is it?) Saturday. Yes, it is a whole new world with the twins here... and yes, that world is a lot of work, a lot of love, and very very hard to leave when I had to go to work! What a joyful time this is, and Celeste is absolutely beaming through the weariness.

So here we are in another time of change, learning, and thankfulness that I'm living in a city that really appreciates a good cup of coffee. At some point before the mobile I finished some other sketches as well, like this one here:

I can't really express how grateful I am for the comments recently. Honestly, I'm doing a little overtime at work, bouncing between Auntie K's house and my own, and since I've got little experience with kids (luckily, just with babies) I'm taking in quite a bit right now. Once I sat down at the laptop tonight my mind went a nice fuzzy blank. I'm just catching up with all of this, overwhelmed with even just the thought that a year ago all of this was going on in a pipe-dream phone call between New York City and the suburbs of Philadelphia. Unbelievable. So, my friends, what an extraordinary highlight your sweet words are. This place seems so far sometimes from everything I've known, its delightful to have you with me here.

Shoghi having some breakfast with me
on his first morning after coming home.
Thank you, Celeste, for recording this beautiful morning for me!

7 comments:

noricum said...

Great sketch! (I *love* your artwork!) The twins are so sweet. :)

Is there a story behind the name Shoghi? I'm asking because it's an unusual name.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad they are home. And you still find the time to draw?! Congratulations again to your family.

Karen said...

I'm sure it's wonderful having them home finally! They're adorable :)

mushroommeadows said...

What a lovely homecoming!!!

Behind ouou said...

Such a big hug all around to you guys, reading your kind words is such a pleasure.
(its through the magic of blogging that it *looks* like I have time to draw~ wink!.. that sketch was a few days before the boys went home)

Vicki said...

Love the drawing and love the cute pictures of the bebes!!! xoxo

Kristi said...

you're so incredibly talented...
nice to see the [fellow] twins doing well.

 
UA-8545342-1