Friday, April 3, 2009

update

Hi there! Right from the get-go let me say this is a much quicker post than I had intended, I'm pretty beat tonight. Today was a great day, and being tired after a great day is such a good feeling, but I really should go get some reading done. :) If you can see my links to the left here... the shop is *open* once again. Woo!

Around these parts I started off my day cooking, and finished up the day cooking too. Our friend K recommended this sweet, basic recipe from Joy of Baking [dot] com for cream scones~ they've become something of an obsession for me. I've tried so many varieties, replacing the egg with flax seed, the cream with coconut milk, the milk with soy or the flour with GF "flour" with the many, many excuses I have to put a batch together. What can I say? There are a lot of sensitive immune systems around here. Every switch has been a smashing success. This morning I simply switched the cream for soy milk, and a tsp of cinnamon. Try them out, they're quite good!

The shop is up but the official fanfare will come tomorrow as I bring in some new designs. You may notice things shuffling around from the "Winter" themed cards, right now they have been removed and will be replaced throughout the week by consolidates sets of tthose designs in order to make room for the spring and summer stuff. I have a whole outline for myself this month and am really excited about April in my shop. I know I promised you a little trail of interesting links from my vacation-explorations and I'm on it this weekend. I just had to stop by and tell you about those scones. Heavens they're good.

No comments:

 
UA-8545342-1