Sunday, September 28, 2008

Peter, Paul & Shoghi

Still Awake!

Autumn. It's finally autumn. October has long been my favorite month for it's crisp cold blustery days, turning leaves, layered clothes and slumbery slipper-footed weekend mornings. October is nearly here and, though I've switched coasts, those fine fall days are nonetheless coming upon us in their own way out here in Oregon.

Right now finding a balance between work, auntiehood (thank you for a beautiful afternoon, sister), art and ...whatever else it is that people do... is the priority. I feel like such a bum that I can't update when the Etsy shop is coming back, or even report on finished projects but for every once in a while. I felt, on the other hand, incredibly proud of myself for treating myself to a spontaneous viewing of the Dark Knight after work last Thursday. Have I ever gone to a movie alone? Not sure. And then there are nights like tonight when I'm sitting on the couch blogging over at Auntie K's home after a scrumptious meal, everyone has gone to bed, Max and Shoghi are sleeping here with me to give their mama a rest... my choices don't seem to be that complicated at all.

I spend some nights of the week here with Celeste, the boys, and the extended family of our generous friends. The rest of the week around work I spend at my own place recovering sleep and looking for time to draw. I admit: through this first month of the boys being home from the hospital I've been drinking a little too much coffee, possibly even indulging in just a smidge too much chocolate, these things may have something to do with my own moments (or days) of transitional exhaustion. I haven't been blogging much... or online much... with these tired bouts as my excuse. I'll do better. Swear.

Before I go, just to explain the blog title tonight: while I'm looking after the boys I've started putting on Pandora Radio and making these little "stations" for them. Mostly of sleepy music. I mean, come on... they're babies. Seriously, though, I didn't ever think in my adult life I would fine reason to listen to things like Peter, Paul and Mary, but oh my goodness- they fall right to sleep! Magic! I get really excited when "You Can Close Your Eyes" by James Taylor comes on. Yeah, that's right, I sure did just say that. I'm snuggling a couple babies here, people. I suppose this means October is going to be one sweet, sentimental month.

No comments:

 
UA-8545342-1