Sunday, December 21, 2008

1,000 Handmade Greetings

1,000 Handmade Greetings

Hooray! Through a turn of events (snow storm + work canceled + socializing in the neighborhood) we went out to dinner and my computer came home from it's fix-it. Hello again Mr. Computer and your treasure trove of photos to edit, hello again internet, hello poor neglected blog.

While I was away computer-hopping, the 1,000 Handmade Greetings book from Quarry Books has been published. That's me on page... oh, I have yet to see the book, but I'm in there somewhere. :) You'll see a picture of me pointing at the page I'm on once I get my hands on one because I'm just that sort of nerd. If you're curious who got into the book it was this little lady from the Gocco days:

Along with the book, last week was also a good news week because some of the printed cards ended up over at Oblation Papers & Press here in Portland. Now, it just so happens that I have an in at that particular establishment, but I was pleasantly surprised that there was a thrill nonetheless in putting the cards out on the shelves. If this is the distraction I get from missing my nephews? I'll take it.
(for now)


The boys are safe and warm on the East Coast for weeks or months depending on how those weeks or months go. It's true, I miss them and think of them all the time. SL just started smiling a lot right before they left, and MNJ with all of those silly faces he makes? Goodness what a gift those two little people have been for all of us.

And, like everyone everywhere else, news wouldn't be news these days without a weather report. Yes, even here in the land of rain and more rain we have snow and more snow this year. For my first Portland winter it is beyond okay to have an unexpected (never-ending?) snowstorm giving us hell. I had been thinking I might have to go up to the mountain to see it, but it came to the metro area all on its own. Now every day that goes by we think, "thaw?" or "ice?" with reports that this "trend" will continue through Christmas.
Meaning none of us know.

So my friends, I hope the world has been treating you well while I was away on my internet vacation. I'm off to a concentrated photo-editing mission and to catch up on about a hundred-hundred blogs. Stay warm out there campers, and drive safe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello sister, hello snow, hello r family, hello neighborhood (hello old lady whispering "hush")... such wonderful news, contained in this here post! we all can't wait to get the book - you must post a link to amazon or something! you? on amazon? hello wonderful!

we all miss you so very much.

Smashgirl said...

Hi Laurie,
Congrats on the book! I have the book and your cards are on page 228...I hope you get one soon!

 
UA-8545342-1