Monday, April 26, 2010

New! Finally!

I'm excited to say that this week I'll be uploading some of the new (and some of the updated) designs from the year so far. I'm working on some new dragons, and playing with text more than ever. The two newest monsters on the scene are sing song (below) and lovely dragon (above), both blank cards with text versions soon to be released. In fact, Lovely here has become part of my new logo and card back designs... seeing as how she looks pretty much the way I feel at the finish of every drawing. Sing Song is also a new card experiment: the dragon image cuts off at the left-hand fold and curls around the back of the card. I really need to get some photos of these, considering the new stuff is starting to pile up. Ah! This week I'm under the crunch of an art deadline at work... so if my sister-manager gets any photos, I'll be sure to upload those by week's end.

Speaking of busyness, the two of us just finished our first in-house crafty bake sale. Celeste (my sister) has had phenomenal local success selling her amazing cardamom bread and handmade granola, not to mention online acclaim with the launch of her new Etsy shop 70'sHome. The event was fun, with the possibility of growth in the future.

I want to thank our friends for their support! I expected to do more crafty things like this this summer, and wonder if my work schedule will permit. Hmmm... somehow I must make it work between the two responsibilities- it was so lovely to open our home, gather the bulk of our goods together in one place, and smell all of that incredible cooking day after day!

an example of one of my new card back designs... ooh, color!

9 comments:

Karen said...

I love the new logo and card ideas!

Behind ouou said...

yay, Karen! thanks for sticking with the blog all these years :} and for your sweet words... I hope you are well! :)

Aline Sena said...

Nice work! And nice tipography, what's the font? Sry, my bad english, i'm brazilian! =]
I'm really really love your work!

Yumir Lubis said...

lovely character design!

Jude said...

your art is so cute :) almost postcard-ish

Unknown said...

Love your new card back design :-)

Tommy said...

Cool post and nice blog!

If you'd like to check it out, here's a link to mine: http://thestoriesofwhitegloves.blogspot.com/

Zi said...

This is really cool!! I like it a lot.

I'm gonna follow your blog and check daily. Check out my blog too if you can!

Cheska said...

nice prints.. :)

 
UA-8545342-1