Sunday, August 17, 2008

simple

With the heat so ever-present an actor in the events of the last few days, instead of giving into looming exhaustion I've tried to focus on simplify, simplify, simplify. At home: some house cleaning and the ongoing organization of my new room while I settle in. And around these things? More drawings, though mostly sketches, have been unfolding into view.

The owner where I work and I were talking the other day and he asked (I was surrounded by books and magazines at the time) if I use every spare moment I have to read. A fitting question~ I did clock in around 7 years of bookstore employ and feel quite comfortable surrounded by tomes. But I looked instead toward the foreground of the unruly pile of reading material stacked around me and smiled at my dinky little lined journal... "No," I thought, "lately I've just been drawing every chance I can get."
And that's just fine with me.


No comments:

 
UA-8545342-1