Friday, November 20, 2009

knitty.com

For the last two issues, ouou knit themed cards have appeared in knitty.com's "cool stuff" feature. Let me share my thanks with a little story of where my knit-love comes from.

I took up knitting breifly, after leaving the city that was home to me for almost 10 years. Knitting to me lives in the world of my older sister's aesthetic. Fabric, pattern, textile, and the differing properties of fibers, wool, cotton, clothing... this is just next door to the art I know. My world is paper, that's pretty clear to me. I love the world of cloth, fabric, fiber, embroidery, but there is so much to learn! Celeste has an instinct for it, and I stand happily by as the awe-inspired little sister, peeking into the knitted world.

Knitting hasn't lasted as a hobby or skill of mine, but I remember my breif sojurn there with heartfelt sentimentality. The comforts of making something wearable with my own hands, the tick-tick of counting rows, the exciting anticipation of selecting yarn, trying something new at such a turning point in my life. Maybe someday soon I'll try again, I could use that comfort in the wet Oregonian winter we're facing. For right now I'm fine with showing my adoration on paper, and that my little drawings have made other knitters out there smile their knowing smiles.

12 comments:

WalkerBerk said...

免費色情小遊戲區免費色情影片免費色情影片直播免費色情影片網免費色情影片網站免費色情影片線上免費色情影片線上看免費色情影片線上觀看免費色情影片電影免費色情影片小說免費色情影片小澤圓免費色情影片欣賞免費色情影片下載免費色情性愛影片免費色情成人片免費台灣色情影片免費台灣色情影片網站免費四色情動畫免費色情a片下載動作色情卡通色情照片卡通色情美少女圖片卡通色情遊戲卡通色情圖卡通色情圖片卡通色情影音卡通色情漫卡通色情漫畫口交色情片台灣無碼色情光碟台灣美女色情視訊台灣色情網站台灣色情網站貼圖台灣色情自拍制服女孩色情圖八大色情圖庫免下載色情影片免費成人色情a片免費成人色情網站免費成人色情網站影片線上直播

一張眼 said...

欣賞是一種美德~回應是最大的支持^^........................................

goodgame77 said...

連接生與死這兩塊陸地的橋樑是愛…… ..................................................

camnio said...

how did you do it?

Bang Bang Bang Firgal Moonlop Bang Bang Bang said...

hello i was blogbrowsing and i found this. i love the kitty with the green sweater! Can i ask - im english - i hear a lot of artists moving to portland... why is this? is it a very art-y area? How come?

I know that's totally random but thanks if you do come tell me! :) All the best

西雅圖 said...

辣妹走光正妹走光脫衣秀脫衣走光色情自慰自拍成人全裸打炮打手槍打飛機巨乳巨奶女優大奶性交性愛淫蕩淫慾淫亂淫婦淫妹淫叫淫水淫女情慾情色做愛限制級波霸口交18禁

jen said...

hi there!!

i have purchased some of your work in the past on etsy, but your account is no longer active according to them. i hope all is well with you and that you will be reopening your shop soon!

take care
jen

陽明山花季 said...

how do u do?

Joseph said...

What are the things in blue?

Ivy and Haley said...

Wow, you really seem to have a talent for it! My friend Haley loves knitting and she is always on the search for newer and better yarn. She loves it.

Come check out our blog!
http://ivyandhaley.blogspot.com
And comment please, we love comments :)

Ivy

怡如 said...

小聊天室彰化聊天室豆豆聊聊天080人聊天室尋夢元聊天咪咪色貼咪咪情色區哈比成人網金瓶成人影片交流區金平梅近親相姦免費影片松島楓看波波貼圖區波波線上美女拳波波線上遊網波波線上戲網波霸美女貼圖區玩女人視訊網玩女人試看片玩女人影片直播色情片直播免費影片芭比成人情色花王影片哈比淫色網哈免費小遊戲洪爺色情免費影片洪爺色情網站影片洪爺色論壇洪爺免費直播片學生妹做愛自拍影片夫妻聯誼視訊美女豆豆聊天室

Zlatoena said...

AWWW! I just adore the kitty the the pulover! AMAZING!

 
UA-8545342-1